Tuesday 24 March 2015

Review on existing YouTube application in Offshore/Marine Industry

It been a month since I started my YouTube channel. Thank you so much for people watching my videos and supporting me. I think it been going very well and probably better than what I expected. I hope my channel can continue growing and more and more people watching and sharing thought. 

I know I been missing out update on OrcaFlex tutorial video, that is because I was busy on my final year project. I was in my university towing tank the whole week last week. I did made a video of that and I will blog about that later on. But, today I really want to tell you more about YouTube. 

So, alongside with my busy university life, I also did study on social networking websites especially on YouTube and Linkedin. And, I am going to attend a few more training course in April. I really think they are very good platforms to communicated with people around the world since our industry (offshore industry) is an international business. Another point is, they are the most effective way to create your own brand, doesn't matter it about your personal brand or as an organisation. 

Here is the examples: 
They are my favorite YouTube's channel in our industry! 

(PS: Kongsberg Group's YouTube channel should get their own custom YouTube URL, so the channel will have priority on any search engine)

To conclude that, I think social networking websites in the offshore industry/engineering business is a big knowledge, just that many people couldn't see the importance of it. Once you understand on it, the benefit is unbelievable.I wish I can somehow spread this new concept to more people in the industry and made change of it, as little as I can. 

Recently, I just completed a YouTube Creator Academy programme which is about how to engage your audience. It supposed to be a 2 weeks progamme but I only used a night and a morning to complete it. 

This programme actually caught my attentions while I was browsing on YouTube. You can imaging the power of YouTube give access to people open their mind. I am just a simple student who have passion in offshore industry but now I really want to contribute to the marketing aspect in our industry.

It is a free programme open to everyone, all you need to do is register. It consists of 4 lessons which covered,
1. Engage on YouTube
2. See what captives viewers
3. Engage beyond YouTube
4. Learn about your subscribers


I found the articles very useful however it also have short videos from other successful YouTuber to help you out. Once you finished all sections, try to answer the course quiz, if you have 75% or above correct, you will get a letter of completion from YouTube Creator Academy, like I do. 



I hope you enjoy reading. Any opinion about applying YouTube in the offshore industry are very welcome, please comment below. Direct Link to Clandia Sim's YouTube channel, remember to subscribe my channel for more videos! =)

Thank you so much for reading. =)

1 comment:

  1. cmid inspections:The Common Marine Inspection Document (CMID) Inspections provides a platform for all marine professionals to use a standard format for inspection of offshore vessels.

    CMID Accredited Inspectors are free to use marine inspection format provided by the International Marine Contractors Association (IMCA) for the inspection and audit of offshore marine vessels in the in the offshore industry.

    For more info visit: offshoremarineservices.net

    ReplyDelete